||Physician Asst. (PRN) The ARC
||Oklahoma City, OK
||Apply for this job
As a member of a team of physicians, licensed behavior health providers, case managers, and nurses, the Physician Assistant will work directly with consumers, families/caregivers (as appropriate), and providers conducting H&Ps, medication management, and managing ongoing medical issues related to substance abuse withdrawal and co-occurring conditions. The Physician Assistant will identify and close gaps in care and collaborate with team members to provide comprehensive, individualized, and evidenced-based care.
Licenses or Certifications: Current Oklahoma PA License; CPR Certification
• License must be in good standing and have prescriptive authority with a controlled substance permit
• Must remain free from chemical use problems as a condition of continuing employment
• Must be able to demonstrate and document abstinence in recovery through for cause or random drug screening
• Strong medical background and exceptional clinical judgment
• Knowledge of substance abuse and mental health preferred
Total Education, Vocation Training, and Experience: One year prior experience preferred.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Ability to work cooperatively with Nursing and other staff;
Ability to support the mission’s philosophies, goals, and objectives of Valir and The ARC;
Ability to demonstrate progressive leadership and management, responsibilities and/or capabilities;
Ability to interact in a positive manner and communicate well with patients, families, co-workers, supervisor, and other clinical employees.
Ability to perform computer skills
PROTECTED HEALTH INFORMATION:
Position has Full Access to Protected Health Information of patients on caseload.
PROFICIENCY OR PRODUCTIVITY STANDARDS:
Organize and prioritize tasks and projects
Accurately complete job responsibilities within the specified time constraints to meet the needs of patients, regulatory standards and customer satisfaction